When her first birthday rolled around in November, there was no question that we wanted to find her a laptop computer (toy, of course) of her own. After a little online research, we decided to purchase the My Own Leaptop™ by LeapFrog. After two months of daily play, I'm so glad that we did!
About My Own Leaptop™ :
- Comes in 2 different styles - Scout version is green & Violet version is purple
- Includes a USB cable that allows you to connect to the Internet to personalize with your child's name, custom song playlist, "email" messages, and more
- Has 3 different play modes, including alphabet learning, animal learning and music learning
- Is the perfect size for growing hands, easily folds up and has a handle for carrying
- Recommended for ages 2-4. We purchased My Own Leaptop™ for our daughter's first birthday. Even at 12 months old, this is a toy that she loves. We can see her learning with it daily as she presses the keys and listens to the songs.
- The Leaptop is so easy to customize with your child's name and favorite songs! Just plug it into the computer and the LeapFrog® Learning Path will walk you through step-by-step to create the perfect personalized toy for your child.
- The "mouse" on the right hand side makes it easy for children to switch between modes. Each mode is symbolized with a picture, so pre-readers know exactly what they are doing.
- The songs are full length and include animated segments of Scout or Violet dancing on the screen. My daughter loves this feature!
- Includes early learning "quizzes" (Example: What animal has a pouch to carry her baby around? Press the paw button to find out!)
- Keeps our 14 month old's attention for 20+ minutes at a time.
- Parents can log in anytime to change the songs and emails that Leaptop sends, making this toy always up to date and exciting!
- The only feature that I wish My Own Leaptop™ had is a back light for the screen. Because the screen does not light up, it is sometimes difficult to see in a dim room. However, works perfectly in well lit areas!!!
This is an excellent toy for any toddler that I highly recommend. It has all the bells and whistles with it's alphabet pronunciations, silly animations, full feature songs and personalization. I can see my daughter playing with this toy for a very long time.
We purchased this toy from Target, and after customizing the product realized that the Leaptop we purchased was not fully functional. The keys for "B" "E" and "M" didn't do anything. I contacted the customer service team over at LeapFrog and they were really easy to work with. They cared about our situation, and with our original receipt and picture of the not working toy, they were able to send us a new Leaptop right away, before our daughter was able to realize that some of the buttons didn't work.
This is a huge hit at our house. It's so amazing for me to watch my 14 month old daughter open up the Leaptop and press buttons to see what happens on the screen. Her curiousity grows with each time she plays with it, and I have no doubt that she is obtaining what she learns about animal sounds and letter sounds. An excellent choice if you're looking for a toy to grow with your toddler.
Bottom line: 5 out of 5 stars
I was in no way compensated for this post, nor am I in any way affiliated with LeapFrog, other than as a happy and satisfied customer.